Saturday 23 June 2012

Keep calm and....

I thought my bestie needs some cheering up and so I spontaniousely created a card/bookmark for her yesterday. I found the pattern for the crown online and created the writing myself. I know it is not really like the original but I didn't found a smaller crown and coulden't make bigger letters cause I was affraid it wouldn't fit on a post card.

It was quite quickly done, I guess one of the quickest card ever. It took me half an hour to stitch the card and about 45 for the writing. Well, plus about 15 to correct a great writing mistake.... As stitching is much easyer from right to left I started with the last letter of each word and stitched my way to the first one. After stitching the two G I somehow lost track and added an E and a R.... Regger...! I only noticed it when I wanted to cut the fabric to the right size....

I somehow like this card and guess I'll create some more like a "Keep calm and knit on" for my mum. But I won't copy this one as it is just for my bestie.


No comments:

Post a Comment