Wednesday 6 June 2012

What an inspiring couple!

This might be an unusual post, though I really like to do one about Winston and Clementine Churchill. When I was small, my grandad told me storys of historic events and for him, Churchill was the hero who saved Europe. So ever since I'm a small child I'm interessted in WWII and also in Churchill. Well, maybe also because I'm born on 30. of November.
About two years ago I watched The gathering storm because of Vanessa Redgrave who plays Clemmie and so I realized what a strong bond it must have been between Mr and Mrs Churchill. I also have the book "Speaking for themselve" with some of the letters they wrote to each other and it is such a joy to read them. One of them also found it's way into "Love letters of great men" we all know from Sex and the city.


 


via 
There is a lovely story behind this picture. She welcomed him back from a conference in Moscow. When they kissed, the journalists tactfully turned away.

P.S: As always when I post pictures of which I don't own the rights, you can find the source when you follow the small "via" link underneath the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment