Thursday 19 July 2012

Pasta with ricotta-tomato-herb sauce

When I come home after work I'm most of the times quite peckish (a snack in the afternoon doesn't really help most of the time) and don't have much time to make a fuss about dinner. But I still try to keep the amounth of ready made dinners to an absolute minimum and try to cook a fresh meal every evening. Well, not always cooking, I also often have a salad or now in summer just melon and parma ham.
I normally cook two servings and take one to work the next day.

I love dinners that are prepared in less than 30 minutes and preferably even give me some time to tidy up a bit in the meantime.

So here is another quick and easy dinner, I had to get rid of some ricotta and ended up with this pasta.

For two servings
150 g pasta
300 g tomatos (you can also use plum-tomatos if you prefer)
1 small onion or spring onion
ca. 2 tablespoons of herbs, either fresh or dried (when dried, 1 tablespoon might also be enough)
1 teaspoon granulated vegetable broth 
1 dl tomato juice
100 g ricotta
Pepper to season

Cook the pasta in boiling water till done.
In the meantime, preheat a frying pan (I fry without oil, but of course this is just personal preference) and fry the copped onions for one minute. Add the copped tomatos, tomato juice and vegetable broth and allow allow to cook and reduce a bit for about 10 minutes. Shortly before the pasta is donne, add 
ricotta and herbst to the tomatos and mix well. Season with some pepper. Mix the pasta with the sauce and serve.

Herbwise you're free to vary. I used one tablespoon of chives (fresh) and one teaspoon of dill (also fresh) plus some dried thyme and Italian herbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment