Thursday 29 March 2012

Strong ladies

There are two movies I really want to see. One of them is "The Iron Lady", the other one is "The Lady" Nice coincident with the titles.

When I started reading a lot about the UK when I was in my teens I also read about Margaret Thatcher. I even have her biography somewhere, my first ever "real" English book - the ones I had before were just Penguin easy-readers or whatsoever. It was quite an ambitious aim to read a biography about a politican after only three years of English lessons at school... No wonder I've never got over the first ten pages or so  and the book is catching dust in my parents attic, if nobody binned it in the meantime.
Well, I'd say I have to see the movie about her, especially because of Meryl Streep.



The second movie on my wishlist, "The Lady" cought me with the trailer. It is brilliantly acted, as far I can judge after the two minutes or so of the trailer. Really need to see the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment