Tuesday 20 March 2012

Spring shoes and warm socks

I have plenty of shoes, but every year with the first sight of spring I have to go and buy new ones. The red ones are quite high-heeled for me and after a long winter in flat boots or at the most four centimeters heels it took me some time to got used to it. The colourful ones on the other hand are just as comfy as possible and I didn't hesitated to wear them for the first time two weeks ago when I was walking arround all afternoon. I didn't regret it! They're just THE perfect shoes for walking arround.



But I'm not only proud owner of two pairs of new of new shoes but also of some knitted socks! My mum is a passionated sock-knitter and the whole family is walking arround in colourful socks. I have kind of a trauma as I had to wear socks my granny had knitted till I was 12 or so. And no, it were not colourful ones but made from black or grey wool.... When I finally got other socks I decided to never ever wear knitted ones. well, till I got jealous of the rest of the familys nice socks! So I asked my mum to knitt me a colourful pair for hanging arround at home. What did I get? Two pairs of "couch-socks", one in various colours, one in different shades of blue. Plus two pairs in black to wear in hicking shoes or boots. I think that mum was glad to have found another "customer" as my sister already has 35 pairs and don't really need new ones (in theory.... In practice she still asks for more) She is already knitting for her best friend ,for one of my sisters working colleagues and for the Swedish nephew and niece of my sisters boyfriend....  She even made a pair for Turkas, my teddy bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment