Wednesday 28 March 2012

One year!

Exactly one year ago was my first school day in Brighton! Unbelievable that it is already such a long time and that I'm back since June now. Still miss my time in the UK very much and I still love and miss Brighton, which has become my second home. Every day I spend some happy moments thinking of this wonderful town and of the UK in general. Every day I walk along the seafront in my thoughts, sit in Preston Park or just go for a bus ride through town. Every now andthen when I need a little bit of distraction I google for some nice pics or just read a random Brighton-related article on wikipedia.

This is not a picture post - though one will follow for sure in the next days or week - but a music-post. There are some songs that are just so related to this town for me and whenever I heard them I'm back.

When I was in Brighton for the first time back in 2009 I had recently rediscovered Johnny Cash and was listening to this song for two weeks almost without a break.


Shortly before I left for Brighton I googled something and ended up with Russ Conway and instantly liked his way of playing the piano. This song is only one of many I've listened to.


And finally this one. My host parents both really like Kings of Leon and once my hostmum was listening to this song and I went upstairs to my room and bought the song five minutes after I've heard it the first time. I'd say this is my Brighton-2011-song!

No comments:

Post a Comment