Sunday 4 March 2012

A book a week - books 6 to 9

I'm not that bad with my a-book-a-week-task but I won't introduce every book in here from now on. As some are just not that easy to review or because I don't think anybody is interessted in them. But for the sake of completeness I'll list them in this post.

Book 6
 
Book facts
The book of Tobias
Silvie Germain
222 pages
Rating: 3/5
 
 via
 
The book used to be one of my favorite novels some years ago. I still like the very first part of the story, about Deborah, the great-grand-mother of Tobias, but then the story somehow lost his magic to me.
 
 
Books 7 to 9

*Village Secrets
*Village Gossip
*Village Matters
Rebecca Shaw
Total 925 pages
Rating 4/5

 
 
 all three pictures via
 
Sometimes I just need a decent serving of idyllic world.  Thats when I read Berte Bratt, Rosamunde Pilcher or, precisely, Rebecca Shaw. 
Her books tell the story of little Dorset Village Turnham Malpas and it's inhabitants. Turnham Malpas looks like the most boring place where nothing ever happens, but thats not true. There are peolpe who lived there for all her life and newcomers, trying to become familiar with the place. There are murder, suicide, accident and strange people you can't trust. And of course, there is love and it seems that there are quite some happy, strong couples living there. 
To put it short; I'd visit Turnham Malpas and meet the people there first thing tomorrow morning if only I could!

No comments:

Post a Comment