Wednesday 28 December 2011

Happy 77. birthday Maggie Smith!

When I think back of this year, there is one actres who really made me laugh out loud on many occasions. I've seen her in many movies over the past years, since I first saw her in the very first Harry Potter movie back in 2001. For many year she was just Professor McGonagall to me, till I saw her in other movies such as Murder by death, Hook, My house in Umbria and, last but not least, Gosford Park.
Since this spring she is first and foremost Violet, the Dowager Countess of Grantham. In every episode of Downton Abbey I just waited for one of her quotes and laughted my heart out because of stuff like: "I have plenty of friends I don't like!" or "No Englishman would dream about dying in somebody elses house."

Dear Maggie Smith, thanks for all the great movies, thanks for portreying the Dowager Countess, thanks for so many good laughts! I look forward to many more great movies! Happy birhtday!



No comments:

Post a Comment