Friday 30 December 2011

England day 5

My last day in the UK started with packing. And with realizing that I need a second bag.... My suitcase had somehow shrinked... But yes, I was not able to resist shopping and so I also went to Liberty - where I only bought some ribbons - and to a stationer. The rest of the day was time for walking arround and then I saw the old Routmaster busses and had to board one.... Love them!

The last thing I did before I went to the hotel to fetch my lagguage was buying a can of custard powder... It is very hard to get it in Switzerland. I made my way to the airport quite in time but as I was a bit nervouse, I wanted to calm my down with some crosswords and forgot the time... I had to run but thanks to the helpful lady from security check I was there in time. The way back was a bit shacky and I paniced for a moment. The man sitting next to me just looked at me and when I told him that I'll be fine in a minute but that I do not like it when it is shaky, his answer was: "Have a stiff drink and sleep for the rest of the journey!" That's one reason why I love the British!

I really enjoyed my time in the UK and I already missed it when the plane landed in Zurich. But knowing that my best friend is at the airport waiting for me was even better than beeing in the UK!

 A Christmas Express lift...

 What does a zebra do at Liberty???

 One of the Routemasters still in service

How did that happend???

No comments:

Post a Comment