Thursday 29 December 2011

England Day 4

After I said goodbye to Brighton and the sea, I travelled up to London. First point on my schedule was a stop at Fortnum&Mason to buy some tea and then I headed towards Covent Garden. I was not really in the mood of some serious sightseeing and just wandered arround in town and when I got tired, I took a bus down fleet street and after a stop at a Starbucks, another bus back to Victoria Station, where I stayed in the Easy Hotel.

In the evening I went to the theatre to see "Driving Miss Daisy" Absolutely worth seeing, Vanessa Redgrave on stage is even more impressive then in movies! What a great actress she is!

After the theatre I walked all the way down from Leicester square to Trafalgar square and then along Whitehall to Westminster Abbey where I boarded a bus back to Victoria Station.

 I passed this building near Covent Garden quite some times but this was the first time I looked up and saw this lovely lion and unicorn

 Covent Garden christmas decoration

 London Eye in the dark

Love the view on the House of Parliament and Big Ben from the bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment