Saturday 11 August 2012

My first sewing project in years

I really want to be creative at the moment and one of the things I wanted to do is sew something. I found a tutorial for a pillow includinc zipper a while ago and decided to make some for my sofa. Though then my sister told me that her boyfriend loves to open and close the zipper of his favorite pillow while watching telly. A while later an idea was born; a pillow with a zipper just for fun and a part that can be removed with buttons. And a great idea for me to practice buttonholes and zippers as I haven't used the sewing machine much since I left school.

He is a typical boy (though turning 23) and loves cars, so I decided on this car design. It took me quite a while to sew it as I had to do the side with the zipper twice as it didn't worked the first time. And the button holes turned out to be a nightmare too, as the machine should actually save the size of the button hole till you switch it off, so you just have to do one properly and then the rest should go automatically. But didn't.... It isn't perfect in any way, though I really tried my best. And really enjoyed sewing! Should do it more often!

 Front side with the extra part

 Front side without the extra part
Back side with zipper

No comments:

Post a Comment