Sunday 8 January 2012

Sherlock Holmes - A Game of Shadows

Yesterday was the first cinema evening this year for my best friend and me. Before we had dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant and it was good fun to watch people and gossip. Yes, we're a big gossipy...! Best thing was.... We talked about what we're going to eat and I said that I'll have Spaghetti Carbonara. My best friend first said that she'll take the same but than changed her mind to Tortellini. When the waiter came and I ordered she said: "For me the same." "But you said that you'd like some Tortellini." "Ups, yes! Well then, the same starter but the Tortellinis for me!" We had a good laugh!

Well, and then it was time for Sherlock Holmes. A truly great movie though it took me some time to realize who was fighting against who because of what....But after I got that I just enjoyed all the great fights and Holmes disguises. Yes, he can sit on a chair and nobody sees him....

The story is told quite quickly. Sherlock Holmes believe that his archnemesis Professor Moriarty is responsible for various bomb explosions and might be trying to get France and Germany into a war. Together with Dr Watson Holmes and gypsy Simza Holmes sets out to prevent Moriarty from performing his plan. It all ends with a showdown at the Reichenbach-falls in Switzerland.

A truely great movie to start into a new year of great movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment