Saturday 28 January 2012

A book a week - week 4

Book facts
An Education
Lynn Barber
183 pages
Rating: 4/5

 via
This weeks book is kind of an old friend as I was reading it for the second time. Last summer I had to keep my busy during a sleepless night and so I decided to read some of Lynn Barbers interviews. I read one with Vanessa Redgrave two years ago and really enjoyed it so I thought there might be some more good ones. But then I came across an article called "My harsh lesson in love and life" and when I started reading, noticed that it is the story of "An Education", a movie my best friend and me almost watched in the cinema - don't ask my why we
didn't.... The next day I went into a bookshop and bought the book.
It tells not only the story of her relationship with a conman when she was still at school but is a proper autobiography. I could "listen" to her for pages and pages how she tells about her life. It is a life far from being normal and boring as she had worked for various newspapers including "Penthouse", wrote a sex-manual, a book about natural history books in Victorian times, was married to a man who was, in contrast to her, able to cook and met a lot interessting people.

No comments:

Post a Comment