Thursday 22 November 2012

Feeling "home"

When I came home yesterday a huge parcel was waiting outside my door. First I wasn't even sure what I've ordered.... I ordered quite some Christmas presents these last days but thought that I've got all of them. Well, once I looked at the box a bit closer I obviousely remembered what it was. My Britshop-order. It is very hard to come upon British food in Switzerland. The English Book Shop (Orell Füssli) sells some things, but not much. And, as I discovered this week, Coop too, though only a very limited range (Marmite - yuk! - some crackers, tea, apple sauce, mint sauce, custard and some marmelade and cutneys)

Last week I decided to try out the Brit-Shop. Delivery charges are quite high, but well... If you order only once in a while it is ok. And they were very quick, I ordered on Sunday, payed by credit card and got it all on Wednesday. So I can higly recommend it!

So there is only one British thing I really miss... Pret à Manger... Well, and Boots... And Monsoon.... And Sainsburys chocolat chip chookies....

Christmas crackers (the fill-your-own ones) * Christmas cards (wasn't able to resist...) * Kettle Chips Mature Cheddar and Red Pepper * Walkers Salt & Vinegar * Coleman mustard powder

No comments:

Post a Comment