Sunday 27 January 2013

Cookies from the dark side

Do you know the picture with the monster and the cookieplate and the text "Come to the dark side - we have cookies"

My sister and me bought buttons with this picture during our holidays and used them together with a button with the Grumposaur as sign-language. The Grumposaur button meant: "Let's get something to eat before I get grumpy!" as we both need to be feed regularely to be in a bearable mood. And the Cookies button meant: "Let's go to the next available Sainsbury to get some cookies!" We so love the chocolate chunk cookies from Sainsbury.

Today I felt like baking some chocolat chunk cookies and what should I say? They're not bad! The Sainsbury-ones are much better, but I think I'd also go to the dark side for these cookies. They're crisp outside and gooey inside.

For 10 cookies

100 g soft, unsalted butter
90 g sugar
1/2 egg
110 g self-raising flour
25 g dark chocolat chips
25 g caramel chips or white chocolat chips (I used caramel)

Beat butter, sugar and egg, then add the flour and in the end the chocolate. Form 10 little balls out of the mixture, flatten them and set them on a baking tray with perchament well aside from each other (they get at least twice as wide in the end)

Bake for 12-15 minutes at 190° - don't forget to preheat the oven first. Let cool on the backing tray and transfer to a wire rack for further cooling.

I know the picture isn't good but had to take it before I've eaten the cookies....

No comments:

Post a Comment